I was nominated by the lovely Jemima from thebookaholic. Her blog is wonderful, so go check it out!
Here are the rules:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
And these are the questions Jemima asked:
How many pages do you read in a day?
This varies wildly depending on how busy I am. On a good day it’ll be over 200. On a bad day it’ll be none. Those are dark days. We do not speak of them.
How do you start your day?
Reluctantly! I hate getting out of bed, so I usually leave it until the last minute before rolling out from under the covers and dashing out of the door for work. I’m not really awake until I get into the library, when I use my bullet journal to plan my day out before getting down to business.
What popular book (or series) have you (shamefully) never read?
I’ll completely lose my nerd cred for admitting this, but I’ve never finished the Lord of the Rings series. I’ve read Fellowship and the first half of Two Towers, but I haven’t got any further. It’s been on my TBR for years, and I’ve made myself promise to read all three by the end of 2016!
Who is your book crush?
I’ve been through so many, but my one true love that has never died is Remus Lupin from the Harry Potter series. I just want to wrap him in a blanket, make him tea and fight anyone who tries to hurt him.
Who is your favourite artist?
I adore Noelle Stevenson, aka. Gingerhaze. Her doodles and fanart are adorable, and her webcomic-turned-graphic-novel Nimona is one of my favourite things ever. I highly recommend it if you like knights, science, sharks and having your heart stomped into tiny pieces.
What is your favourite meal?
When I was little I refused to eat everything except macaroni cheese. I’ve broadened my tastes a bit since then, but I could still happily return to those days.
What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep?
Because I’d lose them if I didn’t keep them on at all times I’m not sleeping, the last thing I do is take my glasses off (if I were being super pretentious, I could call that a History Boys reference. But I won’t.)
What is your favourite bookshop?
There’s a wonderful shop in Oxford called The Last Bookshop (spoiler: it’s not actually the last one, there are multiple stores in Oxford and Bristol) which sell new books for £3 or 2 for £5. How can you say no to that? I also have a frankly dangerous University staff discount at Blackwells, and a soft spot for Waterstones, if just because there was one next to the train station where I used to live and whenever I was waiting for a train I’d go in and they’d let me rearrange the Terry Pratchett books.
Where do you want to travel?
I’d love to go to Italy. I was a Classicist at school (and have also played a ridiculous amount of Assassin’s Creed), so the history and culture combined with my ability to point at pretty much any building and say “I’ve climbed up that” makes it pretty much my dream destination.
What is your favourite place to read?
I really like reading on trains. Maybe it’s because I’ve spent a lot of time on them, what with travelling to school on one every day and now using them to travel home and visit friends a lot, but a long journey and a good book are a perfect combination for me.
What do you like most about blogging?
I like being able to write down my thoughts about what I’m reading and discuss them with other bloggers. There’s a really lovely sense of community in the book blogger community that makes it really easy to slip into a conversation with someone.
11 facts about me:
- I actually forgot how to ride a bike (seriously).
- I play the flute and got my Grade 8 before I left school.
- The only reason I read George Orwell’s 1984 was because I lied to a teacher about having read it.
- I took Irish Dancing lessons for 14 years.
- The highlight of my year is The Great British Bake Off.
- I was the first person in my family to read the last Harry Potter book because I stole it from my parents and hid it until I’d finished it.
- My party piece is singing the entirety of the song Secrets by Sammy J and Randy with my friend (I’m Sammy J, she’s Randy).
- All of our family dogs have been named after Harry Potter characters. So far we’ve had Dumbledore, Luna and Ludo Bagman.
- I have been asked multiple times in my life if I plan on becoming a nun just because my Dad’s a vicar.
- I can’t wake up in the morning until I’ve had at least one cup of tea.
- The first thing I ever remember writing was Lord of the Rings fanfiction. Very little has changed since.
I’m nominating adoptabookaus, Wield Words, abookaccount, Outright Book Review and My Novel Thoughts. Here are your questions:
- What’s your favourite reading drink?
- Where would you most liketo live?
- Paperback, hardback or ebook?
- What made you want to start a book blog?
- What’s your favourite genre?
- Do you prefer borrowing from libraries or buying books?
- What was the first book you remember reading?
- How do your organise your bookshelves?
- What author, past or present, would you most like to meet?
- What is the last book that made you cry?
- What book is next on your TBR?
I think this award is a great idea to help smaller blogs (like me!) get to know each other and find a place in the community. Thanks again to thebookaholic for nominating me!